Monday, July 16, 2012

Homemade Laundry Detergent (powder) and Zote

I am putting this here for 2 reasons.  (A) to share it, and (B) so I don't lose it! :)


Super cheap and easy to make.  


Grate a full bar of Fels Naptha. 
Put in food processor and pulse till powdery, add 1 cup borax and 1 cup super washing soda. Pulse till combined. That's all you really need, but  I also added 1 cup of oxi-clean and about a half cup of Purex Crystals (lavender blossom scented), but this is optional. I use 1 Tablespoon per load.   (all the ingredients are sold at Walmart). 






In addition, I also started buying Zote Soap.  You can use 
Zote soap for laundry also, (same recipe as above, just use Zote instead of Fels Naptha) and believe it or not you can 
bathe with it.   I am not Mexican but from what I have read that is a common practice there. :)  Very thrifty and WOW does the Zote lather up great!  The pink color will not effect your laundry... there is also blue and white... they all work the same and the color effects nothing.  Just colored to be pretty, that's it. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment