Sunday, March 11, 2012

Dreaming....



Dreams

Why do we dream?  Why do we dream the things that we do?  

Funny how you can dream about things that have been on your mind, or something you've not thought of in a really, really long time, but is (obviously) still in your subconscious.  Then there's those nutty, off the wall dreams that look like something out of a Tim Burton film... or at least along those lines..

I have heard about how only 'some' people dream in color... I don't know how true that is.  I certainly do dream in color.  I think it would be ODD to dream in black and white!  Some of mine are quite vivid...  and detailed.  Not always... 

Remember the story of Joseph in the bible... he could interpret dreams.  I am not saying I dream anything 'worth' interpreting.  LOL  (unless someone interprets that I am just a huge freak).  :)   But I do see that there are 'dream books' out there... and again... I don't want to 'assume' anything... I have an (underlying, suspicious type fear), that those are of the occult, and I CERTAINLY don't want any dabbling in that.  (Read: AVOID AT ALL COSTS)   But still... why do we dream what we do?

I hate the dreams that are so horrible and so real that you wake up sobbing, and you can't shake it.   Like... someone in your family dying.  Or dream about someone that you love, or used to love, and when you wake up you can't stop thinking about that person, or that situation.... or that time in your life.   

Dreams can feel so real.  Cinderella sang, "A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep." 
  
Maybe sometimes.

But when I am dreaming that a psychopath is chasing me with an ax, I tend to disagree with her.  
:P tongue

No comments:

Post a Comment